Saturday, January 26, 2013

Cornelius

Today was a day for an experiment - what happens when you combine an altered owl pattern with bat wings? You get a dragon!


Honestly, I didn't know what it was going to be when I started. I thought it would be more cat-like, and I had made a long tail for it. But as I was stitching it, I just wasn't feeling the feline vibe. So, I ditched the tail and opted for a pair of wings!


And just like that, Cornelius the dragon was born.

He is much larger than my other plushies. He is also more pillow-like, and less anatomical. Cornelius was very refreshing to make - I am still developing my own personal style, and I think this was quite monumental in that persuit. The hand-appliqued features really make the peice, so I think I will be focusing on that more. It makes him so charming - and to think, I almost didn't give him freckles!


Although I will be using this pattern again, I won't be making another Cornelius. So if he is calling your name, head on over to my Etsy shop and make him yours!

Be Kind!

No comments:

Post a Comment